SQL - ALTER PROPERTY
The Alter Property command alters a class's property in the schema.
ALTER PROPERTY <class>.<property> <attribute-name> <attribute-value>
- class is the class owner of the property to change
- property is the property name to change
- attribute-name, is the attribute name to alter
- attribute-value, is the new attribute value to set
Supported attribute names are:
- LINKEDCLASS, the linked class name. Accepts a string as value. NULL to remove it
- LINKEDTYPE, the linked type name between those supported:Types. Accepts a string as value. NULL to remove it
- MIN, the minimum value as constraint. Accepts strings, numbers or dates as value. NULL to remove it
- MANDATORY, true if the property is mandatory. Accepts "true" or "false"
- MAX, the maximum value as constraint. Accepts strings, numbers or dates as value. NULL to remove it
- NAME, the property name. Accepts a string as value
- NOTNULL, the property can't be null. Accepts "true" or "false"
- REGEXP the regular expression as constraint. Accepts a string as value. NULL to remove it
- TYPE, the type between those supported:Types Accepts a string as value
- COLLATE, sets the collate to define the strategy of comparison. By default is case sensitive. By setting it yo "ci", any comparison will be case-insensitive
- READONLY the property value is immutable: it can't be changed after the first assignment. Use this with DEFAULT to have immutable values on creation. Accepts "true" or "false"
- CUSTOM Set custom properties. Syntax is
<name> = <value>. Example: stereotype = icon
- DEFAULT (Since 2.1) set the default value. Default value can be a value or a function. See below for examples
Change the name of the property 'age' in class 'Account' in 'born'
ALTER PROPERTY Account.age NAME born
Set a property as mandatory
ALTER PROPERTY Account.age MANDATORY true
Set a regexp
ALTER PROPERTY Account.gender REGEXP [M|F]
Set a field as case insensitive to comparison
alter property Employee.name collate ci
Set a custom field on property
alter property Foo.bar1 custom stereotype = visible
Set default value to current date
alter property Client.created default sysdate()
Set a unique id can never change
alter property Client.id default uuid() readonly
alter property Client.id readonly true
To create a property use the Create Property command, to remove a property use the Drop Property command.
To know more about other SQL commands look at SQL commands.
This is a command of the Orient console. To know all the commands go to Console-Commands.