NOTE: New contracts are based on the last version of March 2016.
Latest Revision: August 2015
1. Support is only available in English and for versions of the Software identified by Orient Technologies as Stable Releases.
2. Customer agrees to: (i) provide Orient Technologies with reasonable detail of the nature of and circumstances surrounding the Error, and (ii) provide Orient Technologies with reasonable access to Customer’s environment as necessary to enable Orient Technologies to provide Support.
3. The terms of Support for each Subscription level are defined below:
When Customer reports a problem or asks as question of Orient Technologies Support, a ticket is opened with an associated severity. The severity definitions are listed below.
|Severity Level||Response Goals – Enterprise Support
|Response Goals –Development Support
GMT Business Hours 10:00 AM-7:00 PM Monday through Friday
|1 – Critical
Due to an Error, the Production Software is down or seriously impacted, or the Customer data is lost or destroyed, and there is no workaround currently available.
|2 hours||Not Applicable for Development Support|
|2 – High
Due to an Error, the Production Software is moderately affected on minor components. There is no workaround currently available or the workaround is cumbersome to use.
|4 hours||8 hours|
|3 – Medium
The Error is not critical – no data has been lost, and the system has not failed. The Error has been identified and does not prevent normal operation, or the situation may be temporarily circumvented using an available workaround.
|8 hours||16 hours|
|4 – Minor/Trivial
Non-critical Errors, general questions, requests for enhancements to the Software.
|24 hours||24 hours|
4. Orient Technologies shall have no obligation to provide any Support to Customer: (i) for any software, hardware or other element of the Customer environment not provided by Orient Technologies, (ii) if Customer or a third party has altered or modified any portion of the Software, (iii) if Customer has not used the Software in accordance with Documentation or instructions provided by Orient Technologies, including failure to follow implementation procedures, or (iv) if Customer has failed to replace earlier versions of the Software with Updates made available to Customer.
5. Enterprise and Developer Support include unlimited web support through the project hub platform. Development Support includes unlimited web support for teams of up to two (2) members per package.
6. Orient Technologies only provides Support for the Stable Versions of the Software. Support is effective immediately upon the release of the latest Generally Available (“GA”) version of the Software, and Support will be in effect for a period of eighteen (18) months after a major release date. As part of Support, Orient Technologies may provide Updates. Currently supported versions can be found below:
Release Release Date End of Life Date
1.7 May-14 Nov-16
2.0 Jan-15 Jul-16
2.1 Aug-15 Feb-17
7. Support Channels.
Customer may contact the Vendor for support by using the PrjHub platform at: http://prjhub.com. PrjHub is integrated with GitHub and client should provide the list of GitHub accounts for all the developers that will access the platform.
Issue Tracker to report issues. The client can open a public or private issue. In order to involve the user community, public issues are synchronized to GitHub’s Issue Tracker. If the issue contains sensitive information, please use the Private issue option.
Chat. Each client has a private chat between the client and OrientDB Support team only. All chat messages are recorded.
“Customer” means the person or entity that purchases Support from Orient Technologies pursuant to an applicable agreement between Customer and Orient Technologies.
“Documentation” means the documentation made available by Orient Technologies with the Software, which may be modified from time to time.
“Error” means a reproducible failure of the Software to perform in substantial conformity with the specifications set forth in the Documentation.
“Software” means the OrientDB software and all Updates which Orient Technologies makes available.
“Stable Release” means a Minor Version designated with an even number (e.g., v 1.2).
“Subscriptions” means the annual Developer, Standard and Enterprise Subscriptions purchased by Customer as described in this Orient Technologies Support Policy and the applicable agreement with the Customer.
“Support” means the level of support purchased by Customer as described in this Orient Technologies Support Policy.
“Update” means a Major Version, Minor Version or Maintenance Version of the Software made available by Orient Technologies as part of Enterprise, Standard, and Basic Subscriptions.
“Major Version” means a later version of the Software identified by a change in the digit to the left of the left-most decimal point (X.x.x); “Minor Version” means a later version of the Software identified by a change in the middle number in between the two decimal points (x.X.x); and
“Maintenance Version” means a later version of the Software identified by a change in the digit to the right of the right-most decimal point (x.x.X).